Festive Spice Clementine & Sherry Baked Salmon
Cooking any seafood in the wood fired oven is the perfect way of keeping it deliciously moist. The high temperature steams the fish from the inside and charred on the outside to create a great combination of flavours. Ideal to cook on a cast iron plate and can be placed in foil.
- 1 side of salmon
- 2 limes
- 4 – 6 Clementine oranges
- 4 star-anise
- 125 ml sherry
- Bunch of spring onions
- 1 tsp soft brown sugar
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 dsp honey
- 1 dsp olive oil
- Fresh dill or coriander to garnish
- Prepare the salmon fillets by chopping and slicing the oranges & onions and sprinkle over salmon placed in a fry or griddle pan. Sprinkle with Sherry, balsamic, star-anise, olive oil, cinnamon stick and honey. Then place in the Morso hot oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Baby salt-crusted potatoes can be cooked alongside the salmon on a separate grill-plate. Lightly steam the potatoes first then dry and place on the grill plate with a little cross on top of each one, sprinkle with butter, seasonal herbs and coarse sea salt
- These can also be tossed in a little barbeque sauce
- Cooking time alongside the salmon 15-20 minutes.