Summer Fruit Fool
Serves: 2-4 This stunning dessert can be made with the best of the seasons fruit whichever is freshest, best and value for money.
- 350 g/12oz blackcurrants or raspberries
- Zest and/or juice of 1 lemon
- 125 ml/4floz whipping cream
- 50 g/2oz caster sugar
- Fresh blackcurrants
- Sprigs of mint
- Puree the blackcurrants by passing them through a sieve or placing them in a blender and add the lemon juice and/or zest.
- To make the fool, beat the cream into soft peaks, being careful not to overbeat. Fold two-thirds of the puree into the cream, add the sugar and mix lightly. Taste and add more sugar if necessary.
- Place a few blackcurrants in the base of the glasses, then spoon in alternate layers of the puree and the fool. Fill until the glasses are topped up. Decorate with a few blackcurrants or strawberries and a sprig of mint.
- Preparation time approximately 30 minutes.