New Summer recipes – Herb Crusted Cheesy Stuffed Mushrooms
Serves: 2 Preparation time 10-15 mins Cook time 15-20 mins A tasty filling snack which could also be served as a starter, made with large flat field mushrooms and topped with creamy blue cheese and parsley. Serve with or without breadcrumbs. If you have to wash the mushrooms, do it just before you use them.
- 4 large flat mushrooms
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic – crushed
- 1-2 tbsps olive oil
- 225 g/8oz watercress or spinach
- 110 g/4oz creamy blue cheese
- 1 tbsp parsley – finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsps brown or white breadcrumbs
- 2-4 slices crusty bread
- Place the mushrooms in a roasting dish, season, brush with oil and garlic and roast in the oven at 180C / 200°C /Gas mark 6 for 15 minutes.
- Wilt the spinach or watercress by steaming for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the mushrooms from the oven and top with wilted spinach, cheese, parsley and breadcrumbs.
- Place under a hot grill along with the slices of bread and cook until the cheese melts, bubbles and browns. Serve the mushrooms on top of the crusty bread.