Discover one of Jenny’s favourite recipes for cooking outdoors in the Morso Forno wood fire oven, a summer salmon teriyaki with salt crusted baby potatoes. Cooking in the Forno Oven allows the salmon to cook perfectly and remain moist.
Summer Salmon Teriyaki with Salt Crusted Baby Potatoes
Cooked outside in the Morso oven, creates the perfect dinner for a sunny evening
- 1 Side of Salmon
- 2 Limes
- 2 inch Root Ginger
- 2 Red Chillies
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Bunch of Spring Onions
- 6 Baby Leaks
- 10 Stems of Asparagus
- 4 dsp Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 dsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Soft Brown Sugar
- 1 dsp Honey
- 1 dsp Olive Oil
- 450 g Potatoes
- 1 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 2 dsp BBQ Sauce
- Build up the Morso fire in the oven to 200oC
- Push fire to the back of the oven.
- Prepare the salmon fillets by chopping, slicing all ingredients.
- Sprinkle over the salmon placed in griddle cast iron pan.
- Place in the floor of the oven for 15minutes. * (Cooking time will vary interesting thickness of the fish)*
- Steam potatoes for 10-12minutes. Then dry & place a cross, sprinkle with melt butter, seasonal herbs & salt.
- Cooking time alongside salmon in the Morso in a separate pan approx 15minutes. If liked, add a little BBQ sauce also.