Discover one of Jenny’s favourite recipes for cooking outdoors in the Morso Forno wood fire oven, a summer salmon teriyaki with salt crusted baby potatoes. Cooking in the Forno Oven allows the salmon to cook perfectly and remain moist.
Summer Salmon Teriyaki with Salt Crusted Baby Potatoes
- 1 Side of Salmon
- 2 Limes
- 2 inch Root Ginger
- 2 Red Chillies
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Bunch of Spring Onions
- 6 Baby Leaks
- 10 Stems of Asparagus
- 4 dsp Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 dsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Soft Brown Sugar
- 1 dsp Honey
- 1 dsp Olive Oil
- 450 g Potatoes
- 1 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 2 dsp BBQ Sauce
- Build up the Morso fire in the oven to 200oC
- Push fire to the back of the oven.
- Prepare the salmon fillets by chopping, slicing all ingredients.
- Sprinkle over the salmon placed in griddle cast iron pan.
- Place in the floor of the oven for 15minutes. * (Cooking time will vary interesting thickness of the fish)*
- Steam potatoes for 10-12minutes. Then dry & place a cross, sprinkle with melt butter, seasonal herbs & salt.
- Cooking time alongside salmon in the Morso in a separate pan approx 15minutes. If liked, add a little BBQ sauce also.